Housing benefit support

If you find yourself in financial difficulty you may be entitled to help with paying your rent. 

There are a couple of support options you have probably heard of, Housing Benefit and Universal Credit, which one you will be entitled to depends on your circumstances. We have endeavoured to offer a general guideline, however every case is different. Should you be in a situation whereby you need to make a claim the sooner you do so the better, for help and questions relating to any rent claims please contact info@dwphousing.co.uk

Universal Credit

So, you have been advised that your claim will be Universal Credit, this solution is a single monthly payment and encompasses all your benefits. Should both you and your partner claim Universal Credit you will receive both claims as a single transaction.

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit can pay for part or all of your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances. You can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working and are not entitled to Universal Credit. It cannot be paid for heating, hot water, energy or food.

Don’t let your rent payments fall into arrears as this could result in you losing your home.
Call us today to arrange a meeting to let us help you 01202 301244 or email info@dwphousing.co.uk

Making life easier for our tenants with the DWP Housing App

Download our App from either Google Play or Apple App Store to pay your rent, view your account history and manage your property.