Renting a property, process and requirements
First things first, you will be required to fill in a tenant reference check, the document must be returned to DWP Housing. Please note at this stage we cannot hold a property for you.
- You will be required to complete referencing which will remain valid for 6 months.
- If you are under 25 or have no previous renting history you will need a guarantor. To find out what it means to be a guarantor or why you may need one, please read our information sheet
- You will need, Proof of the Right To Rent in the UK, we will ask you to provide your share code and any relevant identification pertaining to you. Further information can be found on the Government Website →
If you have already found a property you would like to rent from us and your reference check has been approved, you will need to come in the office to:
- Fill in an application form
- Download our mobile app (from either Google Play or Apple App Store) we can assist if necessary
- Pay a non-refundable holding deposit, the amount is equivalent to one weeks rent of the property you have chosen to reserve the property (the holding deposit will be taken off the final deposit upon moving in)
- Provide a government approved photo ID, your National Insurance number and proof of income.
Once all of the above is completed we will send all of your tenancy documents to be signed electronically. The remaining balances will need to be paid, being your first month’s rent and remaining deposit. You can then collect your keys from our offices and enjoy your new home.
At a glance, what you will need
- Completed Tenancy Reference document and return it to DWP Housing. Collect from office or download here
- Budget of:
- 1 month rent
- Deposit equal to one weeks rent to reserve the property (upon moving in, a total equivalent to 5 weeks rent of the property you have reserved will be required)
Download and print Tenancy Reference Form. Once you have filled this out please return to DWP Housing, 25a St. Clements Road, Bournemouth. BH1 4DU
It is much easier to pop in the office with all your forms once completed rather than posting, because we do need to see the original documents.
DWP Housing comply with the right to rent legislation, more information can be found about compliance here
What do our tenants have to say about us.
“Absolutely brilliant! Took such a weight off my mind!”
— Elliot Cooper
“Was very helpful everything went very well, very happy.”
— L Kovacs
“All good, Emily has been a great help.”
“Rachael Gray is a professional person, she was from the moment I walked in – Super! Adam the rent collector was excellent he even brought the key to the front door (as it was not working properly) to my old accommodation, so far for rating 10/10”
— Mrs Morgan
“This is my third move the first two were with private landlords this is the first time I’ve been treated as a person and not just someone renting. I cannot stress enough how excellent a team you have and I would highly recommend you.”
— Gary Stratton
“Very pleased with how well Adam has helped me. He set up extra viewings for me and kept me up to date with everything. Thank you so much Adam.”
— E Hulse